It's a lemon

Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
lemon:
4 [C] especially AmE informal something that is useless because it fails to work or to work properly:
- I soon realized the van was a lemon.

-------------------------------------

I've been hearing this expression lately on car commercials. To be honest, I didn't quite know what it meant. I knew it was about cars because the state I live has a “Lemon Law” to protect vehicle buyers. Essentially, car dealers are responsible to fix or replace a new car if a buyer found a problem with it. So, I didn't think too much of it when I heard something “lemon” on TV commercials. It's about cars anyway.

Then, today, I spotted this from a newsgroup, alt.usage.english:
“....
I did once see an automobile with a very realistic looking chromed logo that read "Fraud" in the Ford lettering style.  He also had a sign in the back window claiming the vehicle was a lemon and the dealer wouldn't do anything about it.”

Suddenly, it dawned on me. I pictured a guy who just ate a lemon and his face all squeezed together – this facial expression can't be about happiness.

Could this “lemon” mean what I think it is?