No free lunch?

    There's no free lunch, but there's free dinner. What happened was my friends and I had dinner at a 99 restaurant a few days ago. One of us ordered a steak tips with sauteed onions and mushrooms. His steak tips were fine, but his onion was a bit raw and there were only two mushrooms (mushroom halves I believe). He kinda complained his dish to our waitress. After we got the bill and he saw that she wrote it off, he said to her that she didn't have to do this, but she said she talked to the manager and he agreed the chef didn't really sauteed the onion and mushrooms. So he thanked her and we made sure we gave her a big tip.

    I don't usually complain about my dish, but there's exceptions. One time, I had some kind of fish and the fish was not cooked through. THAT, I had to tell the waitress because it wasn't something I could ignore. Another time was a deli dish. My friend and I was at a deli restaurant and I ordered a corned beef hash with egg or something. At that time, corned beef hash was still new to me and I wanted to try it out. After my dish arrived, I took a bite and I was curious about its sour taste, so I asked our waitress if the dish was supposed to taste that way. She said it was home-made and if I wanted I could get something else, for free I believe. I was really curious if the food went sour or it was just their own special flavor, but she didn't really answer my question and kept saying I could get something else, so I said OK. When I was waiting for my other meal, I overheard two old ladies sitting behind me talking about their sour corned beef. I wasn't sure if they were complaining about it though because they were talking in a low voice.