My new Kindle -- so far so good

All I can say is I made the right choice. I'm not saying the choice of the brand itself (what I really want is actually a Sony Touch Edition 650), but of an e-paper device in general. Of course, a good brand never hurts.

I'm not a heavy reader, but I do read, and when I want to read, I often find the media I read upon unsatisfactory--I'm talking about computer screens. Be it desktop or laptop flat screen (CRT is out of question), it doesn't matter; eye strain is always there. It frustrates me when I really want to read a good piece of article but all I can do is a short burst of browsing. I could print it out, and I did so from time to time, but the whole process is just cumbersome.

Roughly two weeks ago I became obsessed with e-readers and was checking on them on YouTube and Google all the time. Finally I set my eyes on Amazon's Kindle (wi-fi only version) and bought one two days ago.

The bottom line is I need something that looks like paper, works like paper, and feels like paper (well, not that the device feels like paper, but close), and after a couple days of using my new Kindle, I must say it exceeds all my expectations. The font is amazingly clear and crisp, and it's real easy on the eyes. I can easily carry the reader around and don't have to charge it every one or two hours.

But of course when it comes to my work, I still have to rely on my paper books and manuals. There're still places current e-paper devices can't reach.

-----------------------
New Kindle supports Chinese as well. (No hacks required.)

I am very amazed at how well it fares in direct sunlight.