Dan-Dan Mein

My roommate just finished his late dinner when I got home.

“Do you know the dish that has noodle, cucumber and peanut in it?”

“What are you talking about?” He caught me off guard when he suddenly asked me this question.

“You know, the Chinese restaurant near us. My favorite dish there?”

“Oh! You mean dan-dan mein.”

“Yes! That's it,” he continued, “ but the guy instead gave me kung-pao chicken.”

“I don't get it. You ordered dan-dan mein and he gave you kung-pao chicken?”

“I forgot the name of the dish, so I told the guy it has lo mein, cucumber and peanut in it.”

“Well, kung-pao chicken has peanut in it; maybe that's why,” and then I said, “Why didn't you return it when you got the dish?”

“It's late and they are closing up, so I didn't say anything.”

“In that case, it's your own problem!”

“Yeah, and he charged me 10 dollars for it.”