Requiem

<<一篇舊文>>

     Finally, it died out, after almost 9 years of service. (Now to think of it, it's very impressive.)
     My old Athlon PC had been working perfectly for the past 9 years, but it all changed today. Ever since I got my new HP laptop, I've been using it every day, so my old PC was neglected for quite some time. Today, I had a need for it, so I turned it on, set up my programs and went out with my gf. I figured those programs should finish by the time I came back.
     A few hours later, I came home and found my PC not responding.... I clicked, pushed, pressed, typed, and kicked (Nah, I didn't), nothing I did could wake it up, so I resorted to the old trick--reboot. It didn't work.
     I was thinking the possibility of its being hacked, but I ruled it out. Anyway, I did some diagnosis, and I concluded that the PC's bios battery was out of juice.
     The funny thing is I went online afterwards to find some info about the battery's life, and spotted some descriptions on a webpage that matched almost all of my PC's symptoms--showing funny messages when booting up, failing to recognize multiple partitions on a drive, and bios time falling back to 2000. The only thing not mentioned in the list is my PC ceased to respond some time after it was up.
     So, DL3032 3V battery, kudos to your unusually long 9 years of life. I'll miss you!