That Darn Rebate Deal

A quick (but not very short) CliffsNotes version:
  • Bought a $36 GigaFast USB wireless adapter @ Micro Center in early Dec 06. It came with a $30 rebate (Yay~~ What a deal!)
  • Rebate forms were mailed to the rebate house.
  • Contacted the rebate house five weeks later because their online record showed they hadn't received my rebate.
  • One or two weeks later, got an email reply from them saying they just got it (????).
  • Four or five weeks later, got another email from them saying GigaFast refused to fund the rebate and they had no choice but to close my case. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Emailed complaints to GigaFast and Better Business Bureau the next day.
  • A week later, after hearing no reply from GigaFast, a complaint was sent to the retailer, Micro Center.
  • Micro Center responded the next day saying they'd send the check.
  • Three weeks later, the rebate house sent me an email saying Micro Center funded the money and I'd get the rebate check in 7-10 days. I FINALLY got my damn $30 rebate check a week later.