Rolling human dough

     I really thought they were doing some kind of yoga when I saw someone was "rolling" my coworker on the floor.

     It all happened during one health clinic event held by a health center located right next to the company I worked for. They set up a place in our cafeteria and gave free tests and services. I was interested in getting my cholesterol checked, so I went and waited in line at a station that marked “cholesterol.” While I was waiting, I looked around and took a peek at a massage station near me. The masseuse saw me, gave me a smile and continued pressing her elbow on the back of her client.

     Then I saw my coworker lying on the floor with her eyes closed, and a clinic worker kneeling next to her was rolling her from side to side. Her location was very close to the masseuse, so I thought, “Hum... this is new, it must be some kind of new massage technique, or yoga.” A moment later, two guys came in with a gurney, loaded her up and left. I thought she volunteered in an emergency act, like a demo or the sort. No one was panic or anything; we stayed where we were and resumed what we were doing after they left. She didn't come back the whole time I was at the cafeteria.

     Some time later after I went back to my office cube, she showed up. Her cube was right next to mine, so I walked over to her cube and asked her what was going on.

     “Well, I passed out....”
     “What happened!?”
     “I was getting my cholesterol checked and when the lady poked my thumb with that needle thing, it hurt so much. I got panic and felt weak all of a sudden, and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor...”
     “Yes... that's when I saw you. I thought they were giving you a massage or something.”
     “No... They're trying to wake me up. Then they call the ambulance....”
     “Ah, that must be those two guys.”
     “Yes. They put me on the gurney and sent me to the hospital.”
     “Did they do anything when you're there?”
     “No really. I felt better when I got there, so they released me soon after.”
     “That's good. At least nothing serious happened to you.”
     “Yeah, but I have to pay the bill just for this short trip.”
     “It's not covered by your insurance?”
     “No....”

     She told me how much it cost her, but I forgot.... I'm guessing it has to be several hundred dollars. Ouch!